What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Digital marketing has changed the way businesses use technology for marketing. As digital platforms are increasingly incorporated into marketing plans and everyday life, and as people use digital devices instead of visiting physical shops, digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent and efficient.
Digital marketing methods include: search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, influencer marketing, marketing automation, CRM, data-driven marketing, e-commerce, social media, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising and mobile marketing.
It is essential for businesses to embrace the digital marketing era to reach their audiences. With the proliferation of smartphones, tablets, and other personal devices, more people are engaging with businesses digitally than they are in person. In today’s world every business needs digital marketing to stay competitive.
What services do clients need?
A recent bench marking study by our partners, Target Internet revealed a substantial need for knowledge and a lack of expertise in certain aspects of digital marketing. In particular, the study revealed that:
- Marketers are over reliant on email marketing
- Marketers lacked analytical skills
- Most knew what content marketing was but were not experts in how to deliver it
- Junior marketers lacked core marketing knowledge
- Senior marketers lacked technical implementation knowledge
- SEO and programmatic advertising were major skills gaps
- Strategic planning techniques like journey mapping and personas were not being used extensively
Once you become a Digital Experteer, you will have the skills that you need to add value in many of these areas for your clients.